Today Dr. Henry Smith shared in the opening chapel. His address spoke of the Fruit of the Spirit. He read the passage from Galatians 5:23.
New Living Translation (©2007)
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness….
He encouraged us to be Christ followers. He challenged us to making resolutions.
Henry’s New Years Resolution:
* Read The One Year Bible through.
* Read devotional study daily.
He recommended: “Jesus Calling”
* Go to the Williams Prayer Chapel daily when on campus.
* Record the answers to prayer at the journal at the Prayer Chapel.
Dr. Smith shared a prayer request he recently read in the journal at the Prayer Chapel. “Dear God, I feel that everything is falling apart but you are using me. Help that finances work out.” – anonymous student
* Join in prayer walk on campus.
* Attend Chapel on a regular basis.
* Give of my financial resources more intentionally.
* Exercise more regularly.
* Control my weight.
* Spend more coffee time with faculty and students.
He challenged us to join with him in these resolutions.
I share these with you on this blog as a challenge to you as well. Let’s set out to put Christ first in all we do.
IWU ALUMNI RELATIONS DIRECTOR