I love seeing Facebook status updates that include IWU! As alumni visit campus or share college day memories with former classmates, it is always filled with experiences that are fun and memorable. Pictures of former college days with groups of friends are unique to those experiences.
Remember when you were a student? Although the campus may look different, the same Christ-centered education you were blessed with is continuing to touch student lives.
We want to help you relive those memories as you once again walk the campus (though you may need a campus tour today since the landscape has changes). The positive experiences you share are often the positive stories students share today; stories about residential living, life changing chapels, and faculty. The McConn for many is central to those experiences yet we all share the wonderful relationships we gained through our college years.
We also want to remind you during Homecoming 2017, that students today, like yourself, need financial assistance. Through the IWU Support Our Students (S.O.S.) Scholarship Fund, your gift will help a student overcome financial challenges and receive the blessing of an IWU education. Please visit indwes.edu/reunions to make your gift today. Our students are counting on you!
I look forward to seeing you on campus and watching you share your Homecoming campus visit on Facebook. If you have any questions about Homecoming 2017 or the Class Reunion Gift Project, please feel free to contact me at your Alumni Relations Office. Get involved in leading your class reunion event please contact Rick Carder right away – firstname.lastname@example.org | We need you!
Here is a glimpse of the events being planned for you:
Friday, October 6 – Classes of ’52, ’57, ’62, ’67
- Chapel – Alumni World Changers Recognition – 10:00 AM
- Combined Luncheon (Complimentary) – 11:30 AM
- Campus Tour
- Homecoming Banquet (Complimentary) – 6:00 PM
Saturday, October 7 – Classes of ’52, ’57, ’62, ’67, (’76, ’77, ’78), ’87, ’97
- Reception for all class reunion alumni (Teter Cafe’ – Complimentary) – 10:30 AM
- Class Cluster Luncheon (’76, ’77, ’78 – $6 per person) – 11:30 AM
- Campus Tours
- Intercollegiate Athletics | Alumni Receptions (Divisions include: School of Nursing, Retiring Faculty Receptions, WIWU Radio (The Fortress); Wilbur Williams Reception, and much more…)